Company Snapshot: Wafergen Biosystems
WaferGen Bio-systems, Inc. - Bought out - is a biotechnology company that offers innovative genomic technology solutions for single-cell analysis and clinical research. The ICELL8™ Single-Cell System is a revolutionary platform which can isolate thousands of single cells and processes specific cells for analysis, including Next Generation Sequencing. The system has demonstrated unbiased isolation of up to 1,800 single cells ranging from 5-100 µm in size on a single chip, including single cells from solid tumors, brain cells, pulmonary airway cells, and multiple cell lines. The SmartChip platform can be used for profiling and validating molecular biomarkers, and can perform massively-parallel single-plex PCR for one-step target enrichment and library preparation for clinical NGS. These technologies offer a powerful set of tools for biological analysis at the molecular and single-cell level in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, and clinical laboratory industries.
- Feb 15 2017 WaferGen Bio-systems Reports Revenue Growth in Fourth Quarter of 2016
- Dec 15 2016 WaferGen Bio-systems Regains Compliance with Nasdaq Listing Requirements
- Nov 28 2016 WaferGen Bio-systems Announces 1-for-5 Reverse Stock Split
- Nov 15 2016 WaferGen Bio-systems Announces Stockholder Approval of Merger with Takara Bio
- Nov 8 2016 WaferGen Bio-systems Reports Results for Third Quarter 2016