Arca Biopharma Inc.
Company Snapshot: Arca Biopharma Inc.
ARCA was founded on the belief that a precision medicine approach to drug development, tailoring medical treatment to the individual genetic characteristics of patients, can enable more effective therapies, improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. ARCA’s lead development program is intended to be a direct implementation of those ideas. Gencaro™ (bucindolol hydrochloride) is being developed as a potential treatment for atrial fibrillation (AF). ARCA has identified genetic variations in cardiac receptors that we believe may predict individual patient response to Gencaro™, giving Gencaro™ the potential to be the first genetically-targeted prevention treatment for AF.
AF is considered to be an epidemic cardiovascular disease and AF therapies that are safe and effective for patients with heart failure is considered a major unmet medical need. The approved therapies for the treatment or prevention AF have certain disadvantages in heart failure patients, such as toxic or cardiovascular adverse effects, and most of the approved drugs for AF are contraindicated or have warnings in their prescribing information for such patients. We believe there is an unmet medical need for new AF treatments that have fewer side effects than currently available therapies and are more effective, particularly in heart failure patients.
- Nov 14 2018 ARCA biopharma Announces Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update
- Nov 12 2018 GENETIC-AF Phase 2B Clinical Trial Atrial Fibrillation Burden (AFB) Results Presented at American Heart Association 2018 Scientific Sessions
- Nov 5 2018 ARCA Biopharma announces phase 2B GENETIC-AF atrial fibrillation burden (AFB) results selected for presentation at american heart association 2018 scientific sessions
- Sep 18 2018 ARCA biopharma Submits Special Protocol Assessment Request to FDA for Gencaro Phase 3 Atrial Fibrillation Clinical Trial
- Aug 9 2018 ARCA biopharma Announces Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Provides Corporate Update