Company Snapshot: Genprex, Inc.
Genprex, Inc. is a clinical stage gene therapy company developing a new approach to treating cancer, based upon a novel proprietary technology platform, including Genprex’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Genprex’s platform technologies are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities. Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action whereby it interrupts cell signaling pathways that cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells, re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance.
- May 28 2020 Genprex Announces Receipt of $2.5 Million in Cash from Recent Warrant Exercises
- May 5 2020 Genprex Enters Into Exclusive Worldwide Patent and Technology License Agreement for Combination of its TUSC2 Gene Therapy with Immunotherapies
- May 4 2020 Genprex Issues April 2020 Shareholder Letter
- Apr 21 2020 Genprex Appoints Shannon Inman as Vice President of Global Clinical Operations
- Mar 24 2020 Genprex Bolsters Board of Directors, Appoints Three Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry Leaders