Company Snapshot: Genprex, Inc.
Genprex, Inc. is a clinical stage gene therapy company developing a new approach to treating cancer, based upon a novel proprietary technology platform, including Genprex’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Genprex’s platform technologies are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities. Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action whereby it interrupts cell signaling pathways that cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells, re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance.
- Nov 20 2019 Genprex Announces $1.26 Million Registered Direct Offering
- Nov 19 2019 Genprex Reports Positive Preclinical Data for the Treatment of Some of the Most Resistant Metastatic Lung Cancers
- Nov 4 2019 Genprex Issues Lung Cancer Prevention Measures in Support of Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Oct 9 2019 Genprex to Present at the MicroCap Rodeo Investor Conference
- Oct 7 2019 Genprex’s Pioneering Use of Non-Viral Delivery for Gene Therapy is Gaining Industry Support