Company Snapshot: Genprex, Inc.
Genprex, Inc. is a clinical stage gene therapy company developing a new approach to treating cancer, based upon a novel proprietary technology platform, including Genprex’s initial product candidate, Oncoprex™ immunogene therapy for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Genprex’s platform technologies are designed to administer cancer fighting genes by encapsulating them into nanoscale hollow spheres called nanovesicles, which are then administered intravenously and taken up by tumor cells where they express proteins that are missing or found in low quantities. Oncoprex has a multimodal mechanism of action whereby it interrupts cell signaling pathways that cause replication and proliferation of cancer cells, re-establishes pathways for apoptosis, or programmed cell death, in cancer cells, and modulates the immune response against cancer cells. Oncoprex has also been shown to block mechanisms that create drug resistance.
- Mar 24 2020 Genprex Bolsters Board of Directors, Appoints Three Biotechnology and Healthcare Industry Leaders
- Mar 23 2020 Genprex Strengthens Leadership Team with the Appointment of Two Accomplished Life Science Executives
- Mar 5 2020 Lead Researcher Behind Genprex’s Diabetes Gene Therapy Featured in New Video Interview
- Mar 3 2020 Genprex to Present at the 2020 LD Micro Virtual Conference
- Feb 21 2020 Genprex, Inc. Announces Closing of $17,500,000 Common Stock Offering At-The-Market and Without Warrants