Company Snapshot: CytRx Corporation
CytRx Corporation (NASDAQ: CYTR) is a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology. CytRx currently is focused on the clinical development of aldoxorubicin (formerly known as INNO-206), its improved version of the widely used chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin. CytRx has initiated under a special protocol assessment a pivotal Phase 3 global trial with aldoxorubicin as a therapy for patients with soft tissue sarcomas whose tumors have progressed following treatment with chemotherapy, and recently announced that it has received approval from the FDA to continue dosing patients with aldoxorubicin until disease progression in that clinical trial. CytRx is currently evaluating aldoxorubicin in a global Phase 2b clinical trial in small cell lung cancer, a Phase 2 clinical trial in HIV-related Kaposi's sarcoma, a Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with late-stage glioblastoma (brain cancer), a Phase 1b trial in combination with ifosfamide in patients with soft tissue sarcoma, and a Phase 1b trial in combination with gemcitabine in subjects with metastatic solid tumors. CytRx has completed a global Phase 2b clinical trial with aldoxorubicin as a first-line therapy for soft tissue sarcomas, a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial primarily in the same indication, a Phase 1b clinical trial of aldoxorubicin in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced solid tumors and a Phase 1b pharmacokinetics clinical trial in patients with metastatic solid tumors. CytRx plans to expand its pipeline of oncology candidates using its recently-announced LADR(tm) (Linker Activated Drug Release) technology platform at its laboratory facilities in Freiburg, Germany. The LADR(tm) technology is based on novel linkers that can be utilized with multiple chemotherapeutic agents and may allow for greater concentration of drug at tumor sites.
- Nov 8 2018 CytRx Corporation Highlights NantCell Inc's Clinical Data with Aldoxorubicin Presented at the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer's 33rd Annual Meeting
- Nov 2 2018 CytRx Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Oct 31 2018 Key Emerging Oncology Trends By Big Pharma Strengthen CytRx's Rationally Designed, Targeted Therapies Pipeline
- Oct 29 2018 CytRx to Hold Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results Conference Call and Webcast on Friday, November 2, 2018
- Sep 25 2018 CytRx Corporation to Present at the 2018 MicroCap Conference