Company Snapshot: Myomo, Inc.
Myomo, Inc. is a medical robotics company that offers expanded mobility for those suffering from neurological disorders and upper-limb paralysis. Based on patented technology developed at MIT, Harvard Medical School and by the Company, Myomo develops and markets the MyoPro® product line of lightweight, non-invasive, powered arm braces (orthoses) to restore function in the paralyzed or weakened arms and hands of individuals that have suffered a stroke, spinal cord or nerve injury such as brachial plexus injury, or other neuro-muscular disability such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or multiple sclerosis (MS). It is the only device that, sensing a patient’s own neurological signals through non-invasive sensors on the arm, can restore their ability to use their arms and hands so that they can return to work, live independently and reduce their cost of care. Published clinical research shows a clinically significant instantaneous reduction in upper extremity impairment through use of MyoPro. MyoPro is referred for patients at leading rehabilitation facilities, including Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Loma Linda Medical Center and twenty VA hospitals, among others. It is fitted and delivered through a nationwide network of orthotics and prosthetics practices, and over 600 have been used by patients. Myomo is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with sales and clinical professionals across the U.S.
- Aug 21 2019 Myomo Announces Technology Licensing Program for International Markets
- Aug 8 2019 Myomo Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results
- Aug 1 2019 Myomo to Report Second Quarter 2019 Results on August 8, 2019
- Jul 25 2019 United Brachial Plexus Network’s Annual Camp Features MyoPro® Adolescent Patients
- Jul 17 2019 Myomo®'s International Distribution Partners Launch Patient Screening Days